Skip to main content

Laxmi-Keshav

The lay-off program has worked positively for me a number of ways. Apart from getting time to read some ground-breaking books like “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” and “Psychology of Selling”, I personally got time to do what I love the most: traveling.
Since childhood, when I last visited it, I wanted to know the history of my kuldevat (God or Goddess of a race)-Laxmi Keshav (Lord Vishnu). So this time around, I thought I will do some nosing around and get a little knowledge about it. Here is where and what I found out.

1)The serene temple of Laxmi-Keshav is located in Kolisare. Barely a village, it is 45 km from the town of Ratnagiri in South Konkan. An ST bus for Jaygad drops you at a cross-road which connects you to Kolisare. You have to take a rickshaw from there.

2)As you walk down the red-soil, you come across steps which take you to the backside of the temple. The temple is about 700 years old. Though it was been rejuvenated lately, it still has the archaic look-and-feel.

3) Last registered, about 800 years ago, the statue of laxmi-keshav goddess was hidden in the “Rankala Talav” in Kollhapur. The reason being anti-hindu attacks. After being there for 200 years, she gave a spiritual message through a dream to 3 individuals-Joshi, Vichare and Kane. Living in a village of Varavde, these people got a message to move her out and establish her elsewhere.

4) The place decided was a village of Reel in Konkan. So the campaign started. After moving her close to Reel, they camped overnight in Kolisare. Second day, the statue was unmovable to any human force. After trying for a day, the again slept overnight. In a second spiritual message, the goddess told them to establish her here itself and not else where. The day sthapana (establishment) happened, a miraculous water-fall started near to her feet.

5) The water still runs pure and clean. The “Panchsukt Pavman” abhishek is done by that water only. The temple brings in its wake the calmness and new degree of spirituality. It was a heaven-like experience for me.

This information was provided to me by Mr. Sudhir Phadke. He and his family have been with the temple for generations. I thank him a lot in appreciation. Hope all the “Shandilya Gotra” Joshi’s find this informative. And yes just so you know, don’t forget to visit your kul-devat at least once a year.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Do you have a photo of the Goddess, I would like to have copy if you have.

Atul Joshi
joshishj@hotmail.com
Anonymous said…
Good fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.
Nitin Joshi said…
I was speechless when visited this place first with wife and four year old son in 1994.
Since then I had been there three times

Popular posts from this blog

Konkan Road-Way Statistics

Here's what I did on Saturday. Objective--> Travel to Konkan on my bike. Riders--> Moi and Umesh Vehicle--> Bajaj Pulsar DTSI 150 CC (Definately Male!) Proposed Distance--> 320 Kms Travelled Distance--> 416 Kms Take 0ff--> 6:00 AM Touch Down--> 9:30 PM Places Visted:- Diweagar, Srivardhan. Travel Route:- Pune--> Paud--> Tamhini--> Mandgaon--> Lonere Phata--> Mhalsa--> Diweagar--> Srivardhan--> Mhalsa-->Mandgaon--> Tamhini--> Paud--> Pune. Petrol Required--> About 8 liters. Biking Hours--> 13 Comment--> A ride of a life, experience of a lifetime. Want to see more about the story of grit and determination? Stay tuned....

Love hath arrived....

Well if you are looking for an answer to the question, "what is love?", please hit Crtl+ Alt+Del right now. And I suggest you pick up a Eric Segal or an equivalent Mills and Boon. I don't know what love is. Or rather, I don't what love means to you. The thought here is purely personal. For me love just means happiness of the person you love. Unprejudiced, unbiased. Its easier said than done. Because It's very hard to love someone without judging them for what they are. Think for a moment that love is like a sunrise. Do you possess the sunrise? No. Do you judge it for what it is? No. What you do is just bask in it and feel the brilliance on you. And then feel gratitude for it being in your life. Love is more or less like it. More because it doesn't take place at a certain time of a day. More because it fills your heart with radiance to such a level that you don't want to posses the person you love. More because it shows you twilight before it rises complete...

The Broken Needle

People say I am a funny guy . You guys better be serious about that. :) Since I am funny, I will never take life seriously. I know I will never come out of it alive. Then why bother over split milk, pestering bosses, broken hearts and less yearly bonus? Cursing someone who has put you in that zone is preciously worthless. When will you realize that those people outside are never a problem?They are meant to hate, attract, tempt, gossip and snob. They are people after all. For someone else, you are a part of those "people." The problem is your identification with them. So forget what happened the other night or why she did this and that. If you are not meant to be together you are not meant to be together. Cut your losses and move on. But don't forget to send her the bill. :) Life is more beautiful than someone who doesn't want to be with you. So get up, flirt with the next door girl , wipe somebody's tears, donate some money, ride a bike, click some photos, crack ...