Skip to main content

Sequoia Consulting

19th August 2006. The day when my tryst with Sequoia Consulting ended. Well, for now at least. I remember the day I joined Sequoia about a year ago. The year has been tumultous. I have gained a lot and learnt a lot. By far, this was the best company that I worked for. I would always wish to replicate that culture wherever I go to work.
Many people are still wondering as to why did I quit. I always believe that every company has its "personality." There are some base-level values that are carried within. They run through the hierarchies and processes. For an individual to be successful in that organization, he needs to adapt to that personality. He needs to put his thinking pattern a little aside unless he gets a foothold. In a nutshell, he needs to be agile.
May be I am at this moment not ready to work for Sequoia. I am still a little rigid on my thoughts. The agility, being there, is a little less. But I know that I will gain that in due course of time. For career hunters, I would say that Sequoia is the firm you want to work for.
For me now the thought rests. I would always remember what Sequoia has given me. And as I am a little weak to make a promise, I would say, I believe that I will be back to work with them. At a different position, in a different geography, with a different attitude.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Konkan Road-Way Statistics

Here's what I did on Saturday. Objective--> Travel to Konkan on my bike. Riders--> Moi and Umesh Vehicle--> Bajaj Pulsar DTSI 150 CC (Definately Male!) Proposed Distance--> 320 Kms Travelled Distance--> 416 Kms Take 0ff--> 6:00 AM Touch Down--> 9:30 PM Places Visted:- Diweagar, Srivardhan. Travel Route:- Pune--> Paud--> Tamhini--> Mandgaon--> Lonere Phata--> Mhalsa--> Diweagar--> Srivardhan--> Mhalsa-->Mandgaon--> Tamhini--> Paud--> Pune. Petrol Required--> About 8 liters. Biking Hours--> 13 Comment--> A ride of a life, experience of a lifetime. Want to see more about the story of grit and determination? Stay tuned....

Love hath arrived....

Well if you are looking for an answer to the question, "what is love?", please hit Crtl+ Alt+Del right now. And I suggest you pick up a Eric Segal or an equivalent Mills and Boon. I don't know what love is. Or rather, I don't what love means to you. The thought here is purely personal. For me love just means happiness of the person you love. Unprejudiced, unbiased. Its easier said than done. Because It's very hard to love someone without judging them for what they are. Think for a moment that love is like a sunrise. Do you possess the sunrise? No. Do you judge it for what it is? No. What you do is just bask in it and feel the brilliance on you. And then feel gratitude for it being in your life. Love is more or less like it. More because it doesn't take place at a certain time of a day. More because it fills your heart with radiance to such a level that you don't want to posses the person you love. More because it shows you twilight before it rises complete...

The Broken Needle

People say I am a funny guy . You guys better be serious about that. :) Since I am funny, I will never take life seriously. I know I will never come out of it alive. Then why bother over split milk, pestering bosses, broken hearts and less yearly bonus? Cursing someone who has put you in that zone is preciously worthless. When will you realize that those people outside are never a problem?They are meant to hate, attract, tempt, gossip and snob. They are people after all. For someone else, you are a part of those "people." The problem is your identification with them. So forget what happened the other night or why she did this and that. If you are not meant to be together you are not meant to be together. Cut your losses and move on. But don't forget to send her the bill. :) Life is more beautiful than someone who doesn't want to be with you. So get up, flirt with the next door girl , wipe somebody's tears, donate some money, ride a bike, click some photos, crack ...