Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sequoia Consulting

19th August 2006. The day when my tryst with Sequoia Consulting ended. Well, for now at least. I remember the day I joined Sequoia about a year ago. The year has been tumultous. I have gained a lot and learnt a lot. By far, this was the best company that I worked for. I would always wish to replicate that culture wherever I go to work.
Many people are still wondering as to why did I quit. I always believe that every company has its "personality." There are some base-level values that are carried within. They run through the hierarchies and processes. For an individual to be successful in that organization, he needs to adapt to that personality. He needs to put his thinking pattern a little aside unless he gets a foothold. In a nutshell, he needs to be agile.
May be I am at this moment not ready to work for Sequoia. I am still a little rigid on my thoughts. The agility, being there, is a little less. But I know that I will gain that in due course of time. For career hunters, I would say that Sequoia is the firm you want to work for.
For me now the thought rests. I would always remember what Sequoia has given me. And as I am a little weak to make a promise, I would say, I believe that I will be back to work with them. At a different position, in a different geography, with a different attitude.

No comments: