Friday, September 29, 2006

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

The last episodes of F.R.I.E.N.D.S were aired in the recent past on TV. 10 years. The cast and crew have been entertaining us for 10 years. No matter how many times I watch it, its always seems fresh. Why does it make us laugh the way it does?
I think because it weeds out the perfection aspect . Show blatantly, how everyone is a looser in their own aspect and create subtle comedy out of it. We for all our lives, tried to make it perfect, but lost ourselves in the same. The serial touches that aspect. The love between them still resides even after facing their whims and fancies. I vividly remember the "sterotyped" punch lines of every character:
1) Monica--> I Know!
2) Rachel--> Oh! I am gonna cry.

3) Phoebe--> Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat, What are they feeding you?
4) Chandler--> Could I be more sorry?
5) Joey--> How u doin?
6) Ross--> We were on a break!
Eyes moisten when you see the last eposide. But why? Its not the last eposide. F.R.I.E.N.D.S will always last. In the hearts of the people who have laughed admist their sorrows at the demeanor
of 6 different people.
Probably they can also form a verb out of it. I "friendsed" you i.e. I made you laugh.

No comments: