Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Love

I always wondered why people add the word "True" when they speak of Love. Its a little confusing to think that an emotion/verb like Love can hve multiple forms. Something that is "True", is something that is "Not False." So if there is "Not False" Love, there has to be a "False Love."
Now my question here is: Can Love ever be false? If yes, then why is it called Love? If No, then it's implicitly True. Why overhead it with that word.
So probably, we are misinterpreting the concept of Love? Is it an emotion? Then can you describe what causes that emotion or what is the reaction? I can tell when I feel angered or when I am down. But I cant tell when I am in Love. Most of the people cant, believe me. Otherwise there wouldnt be a word called "infatuation" or "attraction."
So then what differentiates love from other emotions? Its the fact that its not an emotion. Stephen Covey in his ground-breaking book "7 Habits of highly effective people", tells us that love infact is not an emotion but an action.

So did you do anything against your wishes for someone? Then my friend, you love that person. How much you do, will quantify how much you love him/her. Its perfectly alright to love someone more than someone.
But remember, love is always true. If it's not, its not Love.

No comments: