Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Conversation

Today I decicided to supersede all my e-mail signatures with the line "Life's simple, not easy." All the trials and tribulations we face in life have got one simple soultion, but more often than not, its not easy.
Like today I heard a conversation between two people:

1st Person: "Hey, wake up, look at the sun outside, its looking brighter than ever before."
2nd Person: "Really? Let me just take a look." When he goes out and has a look.
2nd Person: "Yes, but why it is looking so beautiful today? I have seen it many times before. "
1st Person: "Is that so? Then if the sun has not changed, what has?"
2nd Person: "May be the way I am looking at is changed."
1st Person: "Exactly!. All we need to do is master the art of looking at things in a different manner."
2nd Person: "Its easier said than done, dude. When we are haggled by the mundane things, we are bound to think negatively. Things always dont work the way we want to."
1st Person: " You are right, but every situation or a problem teaches you a new lesson. A lesson you should never forget."
2nd Person: "But are we competent enough to learn from the same? I mean, the thinking process stops when we are low on spirits. It just feels like either yelling aloud or to cry silently."
1st Person: "This situation comes in everyone's life, but great people are often separated from good people by this tendency only."
2nd Person: "But its so easy to say this when you have no thinking to do. Every burden is shouldered by me."
1st Person: "Who say's I have nothing to do? Did you ever come across a situaton when you do something against your wishes just for someone you love?
2nd Person: "Yes sure I have, everyone does."
1st Person: "Then inevitably you have in all totatlity surrenderd to me. I am the one that shows light and differentiates the right from the correct"
2nd Person: "But with your principles, the world doesnt run."
1st Person: "I know dear, but I just make the world a better place to live. If I was not there, how would you know what love is? What it feels to thrive for someone. Achieve what you dreamt of just because you didnt think it was pragmmatic in the first place."
2nd Person: "So are you saying that I have no importance whatsoever."
1st Person: " No, you have it in your own territory. Look buddy, the difference between you and me is the one between efficency and effectiveness, between Management and Leadership, lets just say you are the Manager and I am the Leader."
2nd Person: "But then who is superior?"
1st Person: " No one, it's the situation that demands performance from both of us. Sometimes you have to analytical, calculating, other times you have to be soulful, emotional."
2nd Person: " You have all the answers dude."
1st Person: "And you have all the questions."
2nd Person: "But what's the use if the answers are not there."
1st Person: " But unless questioned, the answers dont come, thats why you are responsible for all the advancement in the world."
2nd Person: "And you are responsible for letting us know who we are. Thanks!"
1st Person: "Thanks to you too!"

You might be wondering who are these people. One is the Heart and other is the Brain. Could you make out who is which one?



No comments: